Monday, April 13, 2009

Optimistic

This is the week.

The week where I can effectively leave everything and everyone behind to clear my head for a few days. The week where I can ignore all the bad things in my life in favor of good, once in a lifetime opportunities.

This is the week where all the insecurities about school and my job won't matter as much. I won't have to worry about if I'm good enough, smart enough, funny enough or worthy enough. I won't care about any of that this week because there are bigger, more important issues at hand.

This is the week where I won't analyze and worry about my relationships with people. I won't let tears slide on long drives home because I feel so empty. I won't be terrified of meeting new people and even more scared that I won't be able to keep new relationships going. I won't have to think about how surprisingly numbing it is to fall out of love with someone. I won't have to lay awake at night and wonder if it's worth it to wake up tomorrow.

This week, I am pushing that all aside. This week I am making the best out of what I have, even if it's not ideal, because I want to.

Someone said to me the other day that it was time to get in the game. This week, that advice makes perfect sense. I'm getting in the game.

This week, I gotta win one.

No comments:

Post a Comment