Tuesday, February 24, 2009

We Go Together Like Groupies and Herpies

Hi. I'm KV and I love cheesy pop music. I've been a bad pop-music addict since I was in 8th grade and stood in line for four hours outside a Sears to purchase Backstreet Boys tickets. My addiction worsened the following month when I willingly and without influence purchased Will Smith's album Big Willie Style. My addiction further intensified when my brother's wife, Garland, became my music pusher. I discovered Rhianna, Robbie Williams, Michael Jackson, One Republic and, god help me, even that one Britney Spears song that doesn't make me want to stab myself in the face.

I am nowhere near recovery. But here's a secret: I don't want to be. I love pop music. I like to sing to it, I like to dance to it and I absolutely LOVE to get drunk to it.

That being said, does anyone else have a massive crush on The Killer's lead singer Brandon Flowers after seeing this video where he wears this:

flowers
"Is this enough brooding?"

I don't know what it is, but I want to be on him. Wait, that came out wrong. I meant to say that I, er, he's, um, screw it.

I want to be on him.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you will get your chance in 51 days!


    I'm not even sorry that our braced mouth faces sang at the top of our lung for the boys of bsb, good times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like him if he didn't confuse me so much! I don't like to be confused.


    By the way YOU ARE WELCOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post makes me proud!

    I guess there's a reason my nickname is "RD" for radio Disney . . . I am a TeenyBopper4-EVA. . .DeeeeeeBeeeeeeeeeeeJaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

    The only CD's in my car right now are Britney's Circus, and Lady Gaga's Fame. . . OH, and John Legend* Live from Philly.

    *This one was from the BF, I can’t imagine why he insisted on a new CD so much that he finally bought me one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm like 10 years behind the times, but I love that Lady Gaga "Just Dance" song. I may or may not have formed a routine. Next time I am in Beezy I will show you.

    Also, thank you Anonymous (Garland? Is that you?) for a.) not ruining this crush like you did Ben Foster and b.) introducing me to the most awesome Rhianna song I've ever heard.

    And Nikki, in 51 days, I will get my chance. Oh, I'll get it.

    ReplyDelete