Friday, September 26, 2008

Holy Thursday!

Question: Which day of the week totally swooped down and rocked everyone's world?
Answer: Thursday.

Aw yeah, suck it Friday! Here comes Thursday, just trodding along totally unassuming and BLAM, pop culture goodness all over the place. Need something to watch? KAPOW, Thursday. Need something good to read? SHAZAM, Thursday. Yesterday was great for two reasons.

Reason 1: The Road by Cormac McCarthy

road

Okay, so I know I'm like a million years behind and everyone's already read this and even Oprah has recommended it, but Jesus. This book was more than a book. It was the most beautiful, heartbreaking thing I've ever read. It was brutal. I avoided all human contact yesterday in order to stay in my bed (that I fashioned into a fort for me and my dog, Simon). It was completley worth it. Cormac McCarthy is the master. I will never accomplish anything as amazing as Cormac McCarthy. It's a scientifically proven fact. Which leads me to add, you probably shouldn't read this book if you're depressed because you may not make it through. But barring a deep and soul crushing depression, READ THIS BOOK IMMEDIATELY. You won't regret it and if you do, then we may need to evaluate our friendship.



Reason 2: The Office

The Office

Michael: What's the #1 killer of Americans?
Dwight: Shotgun weddings.

Holy amazing, The Office was fantastic tonight. If you haven't watched it yet, I recommend you stop reading this now because I'm about to go off like a middle-aged secretary. First of all, let's discuss the best part of the show: Jim and Pam finally got engaged! I didn't think I would ever stop squealing. Man, that was amazing. Four seasons of build up and I was not disappointed. Also, I'd just like to take this moment to say that I love Kelly Kapour and Creed more than anyone on The Office. Jim and Pam are great, don't get me wrong. But Kelly steals all the scenes she's in and Creed is hilariously weird and awesome. They need to have a Kelly/Creed show and invite me on to guest star. C'mon NBC, you know you want to.

Way to rock the party, Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment